Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Last entry for 2007!!!!!

Hey. I'm 25. "Stayin alive!!!!"

I had a really great birthday this year. This lucky girl received not 1 but 2 bday celebrations, one in Orhei at my apt and also one in the Chisinau with volunteers! And I was also lucky enough to talk to good ole B on the phone. ;) He is having some scary times in Peace Corps Bolivia but is safe.

The dinner in Orhei was great. My Moldovan friends Vica, Petru, and Grisha (pictured below) came and surprised me! One of my closest guy friends Jerry (the one who helped with Halloween and Thanksgiving) came from Balti which was really nice of him. He is working on a grant for an orphanage, I am so proud of him and Becca for their work for the little angels there. Also, my chauffer Radu, the guy who helped me move into this apt Slavic, and his friend Andrei came to the bday dinner.

Annie, Angela, and Brian-volunteers who live nearby came to dinner and helped me prepare everything. Thanks guys! I don't know what I'd do without Annie's cooking skills!!!!

Angela Trubceak and her husband Sergio and son Darius came as well. Angela taught me to speak Romanian!

It was fabulous. i got my dream of doing the thing where they put you up in a chair and bounce you up for however many years old you are! It was fun.

We put all the blankets from my sofa bed in the bathtub (it's a pretty small apt) and later when it was time to put them back and go to bed, I climbed in the tub and jumped on all the blankets..couldn't resist they looked too comfortable!!!! Then played kareoke with the shower head and eventually turned the water on. Yes, I'm 25. Haha. It was too much fun! We also set up a tent in my hallway for my guests. Never a dull moment. ;) Maybe some peaceful, quiet ones on rare occasion, but never dull. ;)

I worked hard through the week, trying to get everything wrapped up with school before Christmas break. (I am going to Istanbul, Turkey and Varna, Bulgaria) Then finally the weekend came (last weekend) and we had a holiday celebration and joined December bday celebration for volunteers. It was also a lot of fun. Dinner and dancing.

This will be my 2nd Christmas away from home. It still bothers me a little. I have my own life now away from home, but home still calls me to miss it, especially around the holidays.

There are usually pajama gifts Christmas Eve. I usually sleep in them even if they are itchy from being new and unwashed. It's just what you do.

A fun feeling of anticipation in the evening when we go to bed.

Breakfast is usually something really yummy likes biscuits and gravy or cinnamon rolls.

Since I am blessed with so many parents the Christmas's are always a little different. But the Daniel Christmas is usually starting pretty early in the morning since we all have places to go. The nucleur family starts early and then the rest of the fam gets together either at our house out on the farm or at Uncle Jerrys. We do the fun gift exchange game and eat delicious foods and give gifts. Grandma RosMarie always takes lots of pictures and is so cute. She usually gives money and lets the family buy the present for the people in the family. I always really liked that idea. Dad always has some surprise gift like a big screen TV or something like that. He always talks in this funny voice pretending like we don't know that he is hiding something in his office. Dad, we know why you locked it! haha.

At Granny's house on my Mom's side. We eat delicious foods and Uncle George takes pictures and videos. Aunt Becky makes the chex mix and rice krispie treats..yum..and Mom usually helps Granny with the ham or turkey..oh god and the infamous crunchy cornflake potato casserole stuff...all my lovely aunts are there and uncles with all their kids. Dan usually falls asleep in the chair and Granny is happy and content in her chair usually holding a baby or two in her lap. maybe wearing her grandchildren tree name sweater. My sisters and I...all of us are for once, in the same place. It's so great.

I am sorry to miss it, truly from the bottom of my heart.

But hey, now I will appreciate it so much more now that I've missed it and maybe you guys will miss me too! ;)

Last year, I wandered around lost in Prague and ended up getting tattoos for Christmas. haha. This year, I'll be with Adam visiting my Turkish girlfriend Ipek and maybe even her family. it will be a different experience which is what I enjoy.

I will watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas don't worry Aunt Becky!!!!!

Anyway, I don't mean to get all sappy on you all!!

2008 is arriving soon! Even though every minute is another chance to change....starting a whole new YEAR is quite refreshing for new beginnings.

let's make this one to remember!

la multi ani!

All my love and wishes to you and yours!!!

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home