
summer 07--This is one of my favorites. Mike Kberg. So, I'm having a busy weekend with travel club, we had just ended a meeting with the kids and the director of the school. We walk out and I see a car pull up. In the car, there is a Moldovan man (as pictured above) and another who I say to my volunteer friend, "wow that guy looks like Kberg." Sure enough, the door opens and Mike Kberg and Mr. Moldovanman step out. I say, "Mike?" He says, "Where am I?" I reply, "Taraclia. We are doing travel club. Who is your friend?" He looks over to his driver friend and says, "Cine sinteti?" (which means-who are you?) This is not a man on drugs ladies and gentleman, this is just a man living another day in the life of an individual living in the Republic of Moldova. Seriously. Or maybe just a day in the life of Mike Kberg.

Handwashing...good little students!!!!

Host dad takin me for a ride out to the vines!

Host sister Vica and her boyfriend Ion cleaning apples.

I was doing a puppet show with my Travel Club as a fundraising activity for the elementary school and these girls were outside the window watching from outside. Cute huh. It actually was pretty dangerous back there with glass and stuff...oh Moldova.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home