Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Holidays

Hi all. My, lots of catching up to do. The month of November flew by...I meant to put up Halloween pics a month ago haha. Anyway, there was a Halloween party for my students (we are using the money raised from the door for our Travel Club in the spring..we are going to take some field trips around Moldova to other volunteer's sites). There was also a Halloween party for the volunteers that I coordinated at the country director's house..that's the realllllly tall guy you see pictured.

School is still rough planning lesson plans..I am not sure if I am cut out for being a teacher, but I do enjoy it. It's good work. I have so much more respect for all teachers now. There is so much to do it's overwhelming. I'd really like to get running water in my school...but I have no idea how to even go about doing that...so for now I am happy that I live 2 minutes from the school the outhouses are pretty bad. But I really am starting to get some favorite students. I try not to, but it's hard...some of them are so sweet! They always want to know if I like Moldova or US better.

We also had a Health Expo somewhere in there, it was a huge health fair for all the medical prof to meet up and network. I didn't do a lot of planning for that I just took a pic of all the med prof and used my sweet NW Missourian newspaper skills to do a little photoshop and put on the picture "health expo 2006" or something and added a little flair..they loved it. It's so funny how things come in handy sometimes.

I did a presentation to the teachers in my school about presenting with visuals and different methods b/c not all kids learn the same...

all this was awhile back..what else.....

You all have probably heard about Brandon running his marathon...26.something miles!!!!! He's a maniac! sooo proud. What an accomplishment!!!!!!

We just had an all-volunteer conference this weekend. It was neat to meet all the people in all programs. Usually when we meet up in Chisinau, it is only with the other Health teachers. We had seminars on different organizations, clubs, bird flu, security, all kinds of good stuff...and of course a wonderful Thanksgiving meal...American food never tasted so good. It was in this beautiful room and so nice. I met the Country Ambassador and he made a toast to our families back home..it was touching. I was thinking of you all then!!!

then..afterward was a fabulous Talent Show...me and some girls (aka 80's ladies) performed a little dance to Tina Turner, MJ, and Journey. It was really funny. We found this 2nd hand store and bought silly stuff. It was fun and the crowd loved it.

Now it's back to work until Christmas break.

Take care!

pace în suflet,

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home